Friday, February 1, 2008

What did I just do???











So I've been looking for motivation to get back into shape. My weight has stayed the same(200 lbs.), but my body has drastically changed for the worse(muscle to pie). I didn't do very well in January, but we just got a treadmill for our home and we have an upright stationary bike. 
Anyways, my cousin who is a long distance running machine just called me and asked me to participate in the Wasatch Relay with him and a group of other guys including another cousin and his bro-in-law. It's a 170 mile team marathon from Logan to Park City. There will be 12 of us doing this and we each have to run 3 legs of the race in less than 24 hrs. The legs are on average 4-8 miles. 
So, I have committed to this and can't back out or else everybody else can't participate. So I have no choice but to prepare for this; that's a great thing!!!  I turn 30 on June 19th, and my goal to be in the best shape of my life at 30 might actually come true now.

3 comments:

Brady said...

SWEET!! I like the public posting of this. It means if you back out everyone will know about it. I can't wait, it's going to be awesome!!!

case said...

So how did he talk me into this as well. I haven't run over two miles since I ran the fourth of July fun run back in 2003. I hope it stops snowing soon so I can start running outside.

Anika said...

Brenna- I like that you have been adding to the blog, although I notice that Kip can't stay away! I wish Nate liked to blog!