Last Saturday I got up early to mow the lawn but forgot that I had the sprinklers set to come on that morning. So I tried to quietly wake Dylan up to take him fishing. When Dylan finally came to, he got excited and yelled "Awesome dad! I love fly fishing"! Of course, when he yelled it woke up "Red" because she is such a light sleeper. So we ended up taking her on her first fishing trip. I'm glad she came because she had a lot of fun. She was cute and sat on the tackle box and kept asking me for gum(that's her favorite thing; GUM). We went to the pond off of 106 S. by the new Lifetime Gym. Dylan has a Spiderman pole and he's pretty good at casting and reeling it back in. He was mad because he said "Dad, this isn't real fishing cuz you don't have your waders so we can't get in the water". I kept catching him sticking his shoe in the water so he could be a real fisherman. Sienna had to try reeling a couple of times as well. We didn't catch any fish, but we had a ton of fun.


On the way back the kids saw the big park just south of Lifetime and wanted to play on the jungle gym. Nobody else was there so they had free reign. Dylan had a Spiderman net he could climb up and Sienna got very brave and went down all of the slides by herself.



After 45 minutes we went home and had a fun Saturday with Momma and Seth.
3 comments:
Kip, you are such a fun daddy! I bet Brenna LOVED that peace and quiet for a little bit too! Have fun in San Diego! We are SOO jealous!
Looks like fun, and boy Kip, you did a great job with little red's hair.
Just kidding about the hair, your kids are actually thinking, "Dad Rocks".
Post a Comment